Lazy Cream Horns
All the cream horn flavor without all the work! Puff pastry filled with cream horn filling. No baking tubes required.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box frozen Puff Pastry with 2 sheets
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Coarse sugar crystals, I use decorator sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup butter flavored solid shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff, about 7 ounces
- Allow puff pastry to come to room temperature for the time stated on the box. Mine says 40 minutes minimum.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degree F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap puff pastry and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Careful unfold pastry.
- Cut along the folds of the pastry.
- Cut each third in half, forming rectangles.
- Place rectangles on backing sheet, allowing at least 1 inch between them.
- Lightly brush each rectangle with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place in preheated oven and cook until pastries are puffed up and lightly browned. About 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While pasties are cooling, make filling.
- Cream together butter and shortening until light and fluffy, this may take up to 5 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add marshmallow fluff and beat until incorporated and light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Slice cooled pastries in half using a serrated knife.
- Spread or pipe filling onto the bottom half of the cut pastry and replace top.
- These can be stored at room temperature.
These can be made in smaller pastries by cutting the puff pastry into smaller pieces.
- Serving Size: 1 Pastry
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 184 mg
- Fat: 32.45 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.126 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19.4 g
- Trans Fat: 1.44 g
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 3.71 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg