Anyone who knows me, the real me, knows that I can’t just leave a recipe alone. It’s like an addiction. I add this, take away that, increase this and decrease that. Sometimes it’s successful, sometimes it is a complete disaster.
Yes, even food bloggers have bad hair days in the kitchen. Sometimes the bad hair day is literal when you create some great recipe only to find a hair taking a leisurely swim in your dish.
Once I even served general’s chicken and the DH was mortified, I had completely forgotten to put the sugar in. I even had the sugar canister near the stove. I carried it back to the pantry without another thought, until we ate it. Accidental kitchen disaster, but that was just nasty.
This Blueberry Mini Pie is no exception to my cooking addiction. I started with this recipe from Pillsbury and made it a few times. Changes to filling versus crumb topping and the actual size of the mini pies are what seems to work best for my needs. It allows me to share my kitchen love with more people and is small enough there is no wasted food for those who want “just a small piece”. We all know a few of them. Don’t be surprised though if they eat 2 of these.Print
Mini Blueberry Pie
Perfect portable 2 bite blueberry treat for picnic and tailgating.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, homemade can be used
- 10 ounces frozen Blueberries or 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 5 tablespoons White Sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Shredded or Flaked Coconut
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Soften pie crust, following package directions.
- Spray muffin tin with baking spray and set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts on lightly floured surface.
- Use a 3 1/2 to 4 inch round glass or cookie cutter and cut as many rounds out as possible. I usually get 12 to 14 depending on glass size used.
- Place pie crust rounds into cups of muffin tin and gently form mini pie crusts.
- In a bowl, mix blueberries, 2 tablespoons of white sugar, and cornstarch.
- Evenly place blueberry mixture into mini crusts. There will be sugar and cornstarch in the bottom of the bowl. Evenly sprinkle this over the mini pie filling.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons of white sugar, flour, and coconut in a separate bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add melted butter to flour and coconut. Mix until large crumbs form.
- Sprinkle evenly over pie filling.
- Place in 425 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until crumb topping is brown and filling is bubbling.
- Remove from oven. Cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Loosen pies from muffin tin.
- Remove from muffin tin and cool completely, or serve warm with ice cream.
Adapted from Pillsbury
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Pie
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 8.8 g
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
Other 2 bite foods you might enjoy:
Follow Us on Social Media