The recipe I use for Pecan Tassies is old. It was given to me by my mom who got it from my grandmother or an aunt. It is one of the very first “complicated” recipes I attempted to make after I had a few years of cooking experience. I was still pretty inexperienced at this point. I remember being so careful and cautious, and they turned out. But it took me all day the first time. Times have changed, I am more about speed and taste these days!
I used to make these for my grandpa. He never asked for much, so anytime he had a request for Pecan Tassies, I made them. I was one of the few in the family that would make them for him. They are time consuming to make. I always felt like they were a labor of love.
Then one day, I discovered a small tamper that reduced the time to make these by half. If your budget allows, I recommend you buy one of you intend to make many of these for the holidays.
You can also use another mini cupcake pan as one big tamper. If you plan to use this method, I would suggest spraying the underside of the empty pan with baking spray so they do not stick.
Now I can make a couple of double batches in an afternoon and spread the joy of mini pecan tarts far and wide. Try adding a few of these to your next cookie tray, people will think you spent a lot of time making them, and I bet you will be one of the few that actually take the time and love make them.Print
Mini pecan pie tarts with butter and cream cheese crust and buttery sweet pecan filling. Like a pecan pie in a cookie.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 48 Cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups diced pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare mini cupcake tins by spraying with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and cream cheese, beating until fluffy.
- Add flour and mix until all flour is absorbed.
- Roll dough into 48 equal sized pieces of dough and place into cups of mini cupcake pans.
- Form dough around the bottom and up the sides of each cup of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine all filling ingredients and mix well.
- Place equal amounts of filling into each dough cup.
- Place into preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove each cookie from the pan and set onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.7 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Other Treats to Add to Your Holiday Trays: