Corn and Roasted Poblano Salsa
Corn and Roasted Poblano Salsa – Spicy condiment made with fresh corn and roasted poblanos marinated in lemon and lime juice. Tastes great with chips or on top of burritos and bowls.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 30 Tablespoons
- Category: Condiment
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 Poblano pepper, roasted, peeled deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh is best
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh is best
- 1/2 tablespoon finely diced jalapeno, optional
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro, optional
- Salt to taste
- Cut kernels from cobs of corn.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add corn kernels.
- Boil corn for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain corn in a colander and immediately rinse with cold water.
- Add corn to a large bowl.
- Add red onion, roasted poblano, and jalapeno if using. Mix to combine.
- Add lemon and lime juices, mix well.
- Taste and add salt as needed.
- Add cilantro, if using.
- Allow to sit for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to combine.
Nutritional data may appear differently in different calculators, please check your favorite calculator if nutritional data is critical.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 13
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 0.17 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0.44 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg