BBQ Little Smokies
Addictive appetizer recipe made with 4 simple ingredients, mini smoked sausages, beer, BBQ sauce, and a touch of brown sugar for the best BBQ little smokies in town! Serve at your next tailgate, game day, or any day party and be the star!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
- 24 ounces Little Smokies any variety
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and set over low heat.
Cook, stirring occasionally until sausages are completely cooked through and the sauce has started to thicken, about 1 hour.
Alternatively, place all ingredients into a slow cooker or crock pot, stir, and cook over low, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 hours.
- Allow 5 links per guest when other meats or a meal will also be served. If this is the only meat being served plan on 10 links per person.
- A large 24-ounce packege of little smokies has aproximately 60 links.
- Smaller 13-ounce packages have approxiately 35 links.
- This recipe can be double, tripled, or more without difficulty.
- Reduce sauce ingredients by half for use with one 13-ounce package of mini sausage links.
Serving: 5Links | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 825mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg