Rum Balls Recipe
Easy 30-minute no-bake Rum Ball Recipe. Chocolate, nuts, and rum meet up for everyone's favorite holiday treat.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 50 Rum Balls
- 3 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups ground nuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- Additional powdered sugar or cocoa powder for rolling.
Combine cookie crumbs [3 cups], ground nuts [1 1/2 cups], cocoa powder [1/4 cup], and powdered sugar [1 cup] in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Add the rum [1/3 cup] and corn syrup [1/3 cup] and stir until combined and the dough is thick and sticky.
Set the dough aside for 5 to minutes.
Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and coat in colored jimmies, sprinkles, cocoa, or powdered sugar.
Store in an air-tight container for at least 2 days before eating.
- Rum balls can be rolled into jimmies or other candy decorations while they are still slightly sticky.
- For storing rum balls longer than 2 weeks, keep in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.
- For storing rum balls longer than 1 month, store in a freezer in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. Allow to come to completely thaw and re-roll in cocoa or powdered sugar before serving.
- Substitute orange juice or coffee for the rum to make them kid-friendly.
- Substitute Kahlua, butterscotch schnapps, peppermint schnapps, or Irish cream for new flvaors.
- Substitute Bourbon for Bourbon Balls and Whiskey for Whiskey Balls.
Serving: 1ball | Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg