Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushroom caps filled with crab stuffing, topped with garlic wine butter sauce and white cheddar cheese then baked to bubbly perfection.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 15 Servings
- 30 Large Mushrooms gently rubbed clean to remove dirt
- 8 ounces Crab Meat no need for expensive lump crab in this recipe
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 small Onion finely chopped, about 1/2 of a cup
- 1/2 Green Pepper finely chopped, about 1/2 of a cup
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Dry Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese optional
- 1 cup Butter divided
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup white wine can substitute with chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces White Cheddar Cheese cut into small squares
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray baking pan with sides with baking spray.
Gently clean mushroom and remove stems, reserving stems. Place mushroom caps, gill sides up in baking dish.
Finely chop mushroom stems, you want about 1/2 a cup.
Add ½ cup butter to a skillet and heat on medium until melted. Add chopped mushroom stems, garlic, onions, and green peppers. Cook until slightly softened. Turn off heat. Add crab meat, parsley, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs. Mix well. The mixture may be a little dry, its OK, the mushrooms are going to give off the liquid and the mixture will absorb some of the garlic butter.
Evenly distribute the mixture between mushroom caps.
In a separate saucepan, melt ½ cup butter, add white wine and garlic powder. Drizzle over mushroom caps.
Place in preheated 350 degrees F oven. Bake for 15 minutes, longer if you prefer your mushroom caps more cooked.
Remove from the oven and cover each mushroom cap with a small square of white cheddar. Put back into the oven and cook another 5 minutes. Keep warm until serving.
- Canned crab meat can be used for this recipe.
- Additional crab can be added.
- Small bottles of cooking wine available in most grocery stores can be used.
Serving: 2Mushrooms | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 9.5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11.1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 442mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 1.7g