A simple tomato, fresh mozzarella, and basil topping for toasted baguette bread slices.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 Servings
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 to 6 ripe Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teasoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Basil or 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil chiffonade
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- 13- ounce Baguette Bread sliced thin
- Balsamic Vinegar optional
Cut mozzarella cheese into small cubes. Place in a bowl.
Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds. Turn over onto paper towels to drain some of the liquid. Cut tomatoes into cubes roughly the same size as the mozzarella cubes. Place in a bowl with tomatoes.
Cover with garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the top. Gently stir to mix. This can be eaten at room temperature or refrigerated.
Preheat oven to 425degrees F.
Thinly slice the baguette on the bias and place on a baking sheet.
Bake bread until it begins to lightly brown on the edges, 5 to 10 minutes.
Can be plated separately or tomato mixture can be placed on top of bread for serving.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar is desired,
- Bread can be rubbed with cut garlic and drizzled with olive oil prior to baking.
Serving: 1/8 of the recipe | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.4g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 7.7g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 491mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 2.8g