French Chicken in White Wine Sauce
Quick Weeknight French Chicken in White Wine Sauce can be on the dinner table in under 40 minutes. Serve with egg noodles or rice.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast about 2 large or 3 small, cut into roughly 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms thinly sliced
- 10.5 ounces condensed chicken broth
- 10.5 ounces White Wine just fill the chicken broth can
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 large green onions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch optional
If serving over egg noodles, start boiling water now. If serving over rice, start the rice process now.
Cube chicken now if not already done.
In a large bowl add flour, garlic salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
Add chicken pieces to flour mixture and toss to coat, making sure chicken pieces are not stuck together and all exposed sides of chicken are coated.
Add cooking oil to large skillet, set heat to medium-high.
Once skillet and oil are heated, add chicken and quickly brown all sides.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Add butter to hot skillet.
When butter has melted and is sizzling, add thinly sliced mushrooms to skillet and cook until slightly wilted.
Add carrots, chicken broth, and wine to mushrooms in hot skillet.
Begin cooking egg noodles now if using or check rice if using.
Reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes until some of the alcohol has burned off.
Add the cooked chicken to the sauce in the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of chicken cubes. For a thicker sauce, see notes.
If using heavy cream, reduce heat to low and add heavy cream. Heat only until cream is heated through.
Remove from heat and add green onions and stir into the hot chicken to wilt.
Serve over egg noodles or rice.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to rate it!
- If a thicker sauce is desired, mix one tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add to sauce, increase heat to high and boil for 1 minute.
- Heavy cream will produce a more authentic version, I do not use it. Add up to 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Do not boil the heavy cream to prevent the sauce from breaking.
- Calories listed do not include noodles or rice.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.2g | Protein: 27.5g | Fat: 23.6g | Saturated Fat: 8.5g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 425mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 3g