Mississippi Coast French Toast
A splash of orange juice makes this simple french toast recipe one of the greatest breakfast recipes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 7 Servings
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp. real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 15 slices of white or wheat bread the normal thin stuff
1. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix all of the ingredients minus the bread and butter.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place about a ¼ of the butter in the pan and melt.
3. Dip the bread slices into the custard mixture.
4. Place in the pan and brown both sides.
5. Repeat the dipping and browning until all of the gulf coast toast is finished.
6. Plate and serve with maple syrup.
Serving: 2slices | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.4g | Protein: 12.2g | Fat: 8.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.8g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 525mg | Fiber: 4.1g | Sugar: 9.2g