Sweet Chips and Salsa
Crispy cinnamon-sugar chips with a strawberry, peach, kiwi, and apple salsa.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 4 kiwi peeled and diced finely
- 1 fuji apple cored and diced finely
- 1- pint strawberries hulled and diced finely
- 8 ounces frozen sliced peaches thawed and diced finely
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam preserves, or spread, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 32 wonton wrappers cut into halves
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Add the fruit into a bowl and toss to mix.
Add cooled, melted strawberry spread and both sugars. Stir to mix well.
Allow salsa to sit until juices begin to form.
Place in refrigerator until cold.
Mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
Just before serving, fry wonton skins in hot oil until lightly brown. The wonton wrappers should begin to bubble immediately if the oil is hot enough.
Remove from oil and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar while still hot.
- All fruits can be substituted with a fruit of your choice. Jam and preserve flavors can also be substituted. I prefer apples, strawberries, peaches, and kiwi.
- Store leftover salsa, covered tightly, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 27.3g | Protein: 2.1g | Fat: 2.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 94mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 15.3g