Lebanese Green Bean Stew
Warm spiced, gluten-free, beef and green bean dish simmered in tomato sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- 2 large cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 29 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 pound fresh green beans cleaned and cut into smaller pieces
Season beef with salt and pepper.
Add olive oil to a large pan and brown the beef. This may need to be done in two separate batches depending on the size of your pan.
Add onions, garlic, tomato sauce, cinnamon, cumin, and allspice, mix well.
Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering for 3 to 4 hours or until beef is tender.
Add cut green beans and simmer another 1 to 2 hours or until green beans are to the desired doneness.
Serve hot with a side of rice.
Serving: 11/2 Cups | Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.1g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6.5g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 1192mg | Fiber: 5.4g | Sugar: 7.7g