Basic crab cake recipe, starts with pasteurized or canned crab meat and is easily adjusted to suit your own tastes. We like bell peppers and onions in ours.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Additional Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 12 Medium crab cakes
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Mustard yellow, spicy, or Dijon (more if you like a stronger flavor)
- 2 large Eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning add more to taste if desired
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onions green onions, or chives
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped bell pepper optional (color is interchangeable too)
- 2 Tablespoon fresh Parsley Leaves finely chopped
- 2 pounds Crab Meat
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup dry plain Bread Crumbs
- Oil for cooking
In a large bowl add mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning, and eggs. Mix together until well combined.
Add onions or chives, bell peppers, if using, and parsley, mix until well blended.
Add crab and gently mix to combine.
Sprinkle bread crumbs over mixture and mix with hands until just combined.
Let mixture rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Take out of refrigerator and form into small patties for appetizers, or large patties for dinner.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil to cover bottom of skillet at least 1/4 of an inch.
Allow oil to get hot.
Add crab cakes to the hot oil and leave until bottoms start to turn medium brown.
Very carefully flip crab cakes over and cook until other side is medium brown.
Remove from skillet and place on paper towels or a draining rack.
Serve with lemons and tartar sauce or your favorite remoulade.
Serving: 1Crab Cake | Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.1g | Protein: 11.3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 600mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 1.9g