Recipe for a green lettuce salad featuring strawberries and mandarin oranges with Mango Dressing is a bright and cheerful addition to any meal. This salad will convert non-salad eaters!
This is another of those foods we had not seen anywhere else and no recipe existed.
So, as usual, I felt compelled to create a recipe that would be similar.
I have been asked to share this recipe most times I have carried it to gatherings or served it at my house to guests.
This salad is perfect for summertime when fresh, bright-red, juicy strawberries are widely available.
This can be enjoyed at any time of the year if you don’t mind the not so sweet, wintertime strawberries you can buy in a local grocery store.
My family doesn’t mind which strawberries I use, they will eat this anytime!
Even salad haters will eat this one because of all the fruit.
To lighten up this dressing you can replace some of the oil with citrus juice.
I would not use all juice though, it will make it too sweet and too thin.
I tend to use the juice from the mandarin orange container to thin individual servings of dressing.
I buy the little bowls of mandarin oranges packed in juice so that I can add them as needed.
Do not add the mandarin oranges or dressing until just before serving this salad.
Those ingredients will wilt the lettuce if allowed to sit too long before eating.
MORE SUMMER RECIPES YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS AND NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
Strawberry Mandarin Orange Salad with Mango Coconut Dressing
- 1 ripe mango peeled and cubed, pureed
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup salad oil any light tasting oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Reserved mandarin orange juice
- 10 cups Leafy Greens or other salad mix
- 1/2 medium red onion or 1/4 of a large red onion chopped
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 small can mandarin oranges drained and reserve juice
- Walnut pieces as many or as few as you want
- Mix mango, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, vinegar, and lemon juice together. I use the food processor for this. Blend in oil. Add coconut milk and blend well. Add enough of the reserved mandarin orange juice and thin to your liking.
- Chill dressing.
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Pour Dressing Over Salad
- Nutritional data provided for 1/4 cup of salad dressing added to all other salad ingredients.
- Dressing portion of the recipe will make about 8 cups of dressing.
- Dressing will keep i the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
- Leftover dressing may thicken, just thin it out with more mandarin orange juice.