Last Updated on
This recipe for Lemon Loaf Cake has the perfect amount of lemon and creates a bright and cheerful fresh flavor.
Ideal for spring and summer light desserts or snacks.
This lemony sweet treat is also known as lemon bread, lemon cake, and mostly that really good lemon cake thing you make.
Lemon Loaf Serving Suggestions
This is perfect with hot coffee and tea.
The bright lemon flavor fits nicely on brunch tables during the spring and the summer.
This cake is light enough that it can be served after a heavy meal when you want something sweet, but not a super sweet or rich dessert.
Pan Size for a Lemon Loaf
I use an 8-inch loaf pan. A 9-inch loaf pan will work, but the lemon cake will be shorter and wider. It will also cook quicker, so check this size pan after about 45 minutes.
Lemon Pound Cake Loaf
Lemon Buttermilk Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons buttermilk
- Lemon Pound Cake Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F
- Prepare an 8-inch loaf pan by coating with baking spray, covering with parchment paper, and spraying parchment paper with baking spray. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix until light in color and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add baking powder and baking soda, mix until incorporated.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and mix well.
- Add vanilla to buttermilk and stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup buttermilk, mix well.
- Add an additional 1/2 cup flour, mix well.
- Add the rest of the buttermilk and mix well.
- Add the remainder of the flour and mix just until the flour is mixed in.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place into preheated 350 Degree F oven.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove loaf cake from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Allow cake to completely cool, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Cover with glaze.
- Lemon Buttermilk Glaze
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir until no lumps remain.
- Spoon glaze over the top of the cake.
Other Baked Goods Recipes from Pear Tree Kitchen: