Recipe for Iced Pumpkin Cookies produces soft, moist, and fluffy pumpkin cookies with a delicious penuche icing. Perfect for a huge taste of fall in a small treat.
Frosted Pumpkin CookiesIs it pumpkin season yet? That’s what I call Autumn or Fall, pumpkin season.
Nothing screams Autumn quite like pumpkin at my house.
I have to admit I love pumpkin. Anything pumpkin!
My all-time favorite used to be Blue Bell’s Spiced Pumpkin Pecan ice cream.
But this last season, after their unfortunate incident, there was none.
Even when their products started appearing back on store shelves, pumpkin never made it back. Perhaps this year Spiced Pumpkin Pecan will once again grace the freezer section.
These cookies are perfect for a small dose of my pumpkin fix.
They are also easy to carry to work or anywhere else I want to share my pumpkin love.
This pumpkin cookie recipe holds up well for traveling and gift-giving.
If you stop by my house for a visit during the fall you are likely to find these cookies or pumpkin bread (on a lucky day both).
I love baking and cooking this time of year.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES YOU’RE FRIENDS WILL LOVE
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS AND NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine butter and sugars in a mixing bowl.
- Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix in.
- Sprinkle in cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder and mix well.
- Mix this in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mixing only until combined, do not over mix.
- Drop heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack or non-stick aluminum foil and allow cookies to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cover with glaze. Allow glaze to harden before attempting to stack.
- Pumpkin Icing
- Combine butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar.
- Mix until smooth and there are minimal lumps.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.