Strawberry Mandarin Salad with Mango Coconut Dressing is a bright and cheerful addition to any meal.
We used to eat a similar salad, along with the best banana bread and strawberry butter at a restaurant in Venice, Florida. This is another of those foods we had not seen anywhere else and no recipe existed. So, as usual, I felt compelled to create a recipe that would be similar. I have been asked to share this recipe most times I have carried it to gatherings or served it at my house to guests.
This salad is perfect for summertime when fresh, bright-red, juicy strawberries are widely available. But, this can be enjoyed anytime of the year if you don’t mind the not so sweet, wintertime strawberries you can buy in a local grocery store. Andy doesn’t mind which strawberries I use, he will eat this anytime!Print
Strawberry Mandarin Orange Salad with Mango Coconut Dressing
Refreshing green salad with strawberries and mandarin oranges topped with a coconut mango dressing.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 7 cups Salad Dressing
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Salad
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed, pureed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or granulated garlic)
- 2/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 cup salad oil (any light tasting oil)
- I large can coconut milk – not cream of coconut
- Reserved mandarin orange juice
- 2 Bags of Salad Mix, or about 8 to 10 cups of leafy greens
- 1 medium red onion or 1/2 of a large red onion chopped
- 1 pint of strawberries washed, stemmed, and sliced
- 2 small cans mandarin oranges drained and reserve juice
- Walnut pieces, as many or as few as you want
- Mix mango, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, vinegar, and lemon juice together. I use the food processor for this. Blend in oil. Add coconut milk and blend well. Add enough of the reserved mandarin orange juice and thin to your liking.
- Chill well and pour over salad and toss just before serving.
- Leftover dressing may thicken, just thin it out with more mandarin orange juice.
Nutritional data provided for Salad Dressing only. One cup of salad mix containing lettuce, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and red onions adds an additional 32 calories.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 19.4 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.3 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Other Refreshing Recipe Ideas