Last Updated on
No bake caramel chocolate coconut eclair cake is like a cold and creamy version of a Girl Scout cookie.
Graham crackers are layered with a caramel flavored pudding then topped with a chocolate fudge icing, toasted coconut, and then even more caramel. It’s a party for your mouth.
Did you know that the Girl Scouts has 2 versions of this cookie? It is a matter of which bakery was servicing your local Girl Scout division.
This No Bake Caramel Delight eclair cake recipe, like the original version, is beginner cook friendly.
I make éclair cakes in the original form all the time.
I have altered it to be all chocolate with chocolate graham crackers and chocolate icing.
Triple Chocolate Eclair Cake anyone? This version is truly a chocolate lover’s dream.
I try not to keep any version of éclair cake hanging around the house. They sit in the refrigerator and call my name.
The only changes to this recipe I made were to take the lazy way out of the icing.
I use a premade chocolate fudge icing container and send it on a quick walk through the microwave.
If I could find any instant caramel pudding I would probably have used it too.
I have an obsession, OK probably more like an addiction, to this no-bake dessert and hadn’t really thought outside the box in this arena.
But now with eyes wide opened, I had to do a Pinterest search and have since pinned a few, probably too many, to try.
Head on over to our Pinterest page to see which ones I’m trying, or keep checking back here to see which ones I make and feature.
I wasn’t going to make an original version, as it has been done, perhaps overdone, in a ton of places and I have been making the original for over 25 years, but one of the comments on the Kraft recipe page has me rethinking the original version.
Substituting sweetened condensed milk for some of the milk?
Some folks in the south used sweetened condensed milk in their banana pudding right? Oh, the possibilities!
Remember, this cake needs quite a bit of time in the refrigerator to soften the graham crackers.
It will be edible before the crackers are softened, but it will be like eating graham crackers covered in pudding and cool whip.
Caramel Delight Eclair Cake will last in the refrigerator for about 5 days. I use the term “last” loosely here. It will stay decently edible for that long – it never “lasts” that long at my house though.
Caramel Delight Eclair Cake
- 2 small packages Vanilla Instant Pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping use extra for a deeper caramel flavor
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping.
- Large box Graham Crackers
- 1 can Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 1 to 2 cups Toasted Coconut
- Spray a 9 X 13 baking pan with baking spray.
- Line the bottom of a pan with graham crackers.
- Mix milk and pudding mix with a whisk until thickened.
- Add caramel and whisk until blended.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place half of filling on top of graham crackers in pan.
- Cover with another layer of graham crackers.
- Place remaining filling on top of graham crackers.
- Cover again with graham crackers.
- Remove lid and foil topping from frosting.
- Heat in microwave for 1 minute.
- Very carefully remove frosting from microwave, it will be molten hot, be sure not to get it on your hands.
- Pour over top layer of graham crackers.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding toppings.
- Once the frosting has cooled slightly, cover with toasted coconut.
- Just before serving, add more caramel topping if desired.
More No-Bake Dessert Recipes: