Flat Bread pizza when made on homemade flat bread, creates a very crispy crust. This crust does contain yeast, unlike our thin pizza crust recipe. Both are good, but this one can be made on very short notice if there are flat bread rounds in the freezer.
If you have read the flat bread post, then you know I make flat bread quite a bit and freeze them just for flat bread pizza making.
This is not as easy as our other recipe for thin pizza crust, unless you have premade these flat breads and pull them out of the freezer. Then it IS easier than thin crust pizza.
The thing I like about using flat breads for pizza is that they are the perfect size for individual pizzas. It allows up to make different flavored pizzas without the flavors mixing somewhere in the middle of the pizza.
Some of our favorite flat bread pizza combinations;
- Pepperoni and pineapple
- Pepperoni and onion
- Turkey Italian sausage, mushroom, and green peppers, regular Italian sausage is always delicious too
- Margherita pizza, garlic oil base, thin sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil strips
- Pepperoni, ham, Italian sausage
- Hamburger and green olive
- Ranch dressing base, bacon, chicken, roasted garlic, also great with bread chicken fingers instead
- Pepperoni and mushrooms, the canned ones actually if I am feeding Brian and according to him “Lots of pepperoni…and a layer of pepperoni on top that you let almost burn…”
- Mushrooms and extra cheese
- Sausage and mushrooms
The best part about making pizza at home is that you can create whatever you want. There is no limit on what can be used.Print
Flat Bread Pizza
Flat Bread pizza using homemade flat bread for crust. Crispy and quick!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 Flatbreads
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 Flat Breads from flat bread recipe, thawed
- 1/2 to 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese, or 6 to 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Additional toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with baking spray.
- Lay flat bread on baking sheet.
- Cover with a layer of pizza sauce.
- Cover pizza sauce with cheese.
- Cover cheese with additional toppings as desired.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until desired doneness. For us this takes 10 to 20 minutes depending on how many toppings and how much cheese was used.
Nutritional information provided is for cheese only pizza flatbread using 1/4 cup sauce and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese per flatbread. Additional toppings will add additional calories.
- Serving Size: 1 Flatbread
- Calories: 388
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 724 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Cholesterol: 46 mg
Other Quick Dinner Recipes to Try: