Dijon Chicken Salad Spread
Amazon Associates Disclosure We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Chicken salad spread highlighting Dijon mustard. Lower fat and calories than traditional chicken salad.
It has taken a few tries to get the mustard to mayonnaise ratio right for the way I like it. Because Dijon can be overpowering, there needs to be a bit of mayonnaise to cut through the mustard and finish moistening the spread.
The chicken is processed in a food processor, allowing this chicken salad spread to be spread thinner.
It’s OK if you find Dijon mustard overpowering, it can be an acquired taste for some.
Just use way more mayonnaise and then add regular mustard or try a hint of Dijon mustard to finish this spread.
This is great served as a sandwich filling, on crackers, and even with fresh vegetables.
Try it inside of a tomato, it’s pretty tasty that way too.
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS AND NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
Dijon Chicken Spread
- 3 cooked boneless chicken breasts about 3 cups of chicken after processing
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard or other stone ground spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts in the bowl of a food processor and process until the chicken is finely chopped, being careful to not over-process into a paste.
- Place chicken into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cut celery stalk into 1 to 2 inch pieces and place in food processor bowl.
- Process celery until it is very finely chopped.
- Place celery into bowl with chicken.
- Add mustard and mix well. If you are not sure how you will like a spread heavy on Dijon, start with half and taste after adding half of the mayonnaise.
- Add half of mayonnaise and mix well. Taste now if you used half of the Dijon. Add the remaining Dijon for a stronger flavor, more mayonnaise for a lighter flavor.
- More Dijon and/or mayonnaise can be added to adjust the consistency, use whichever one or a combination of both to suit your tastes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a covered container and refrigerate until chilled.