Today’s feature is thin crispy crust pizza. I have made hundreds of homemade pizzas and this is the recipe I keep going back to. It is fairly quick and I tend to have the ingredients on hand since it uses no yeast.
This pizza crust dough is easy to work with. No kneading, no fooling around. It might even remind you of the pizza crusts out of the pizza kits.
This is simply mix it up, let it sit for 10 minutes, put it right on your pan and roll it right onto the pan.
There is nothing better than a pizza with a crispy crust and a perfectly melted cheese to soothe a wandering soul.
Sometimes, I’ll make 2 pizzas so we can have leftovers the next day for lunch. I have been known to eat this straight out of the refrigerator, but Andy prefers his rewarmed.
I find this reheats the best if you stick it in a hot oven until the cheese is bubbly again, then transfer the pizza pieces into a medium hot skillet until the crust is crispy again.
Thin Pizza Crust
Crispy Thin Pizza Crust uses no yeast and minimal resting time.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 Slices
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour (may need more depending on climate)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon White Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Warm Water (more may be needed if it is particularly dry day)
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (amount depends on your cheesiness level)
- Favorite Pizza Toppings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a 16 inch pizza pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine oil and water. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing as you go. Continue mixing until the dough comes together and is no longer sticky. You may need to add more flour or water 1 tablespoon at a time to reach workable consistency.
- When dough has come together, cover with a towel and set in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Place dough onto prepared 16 inch pizza pan and press or roll until it is at the edge of the pan, all the way around.
- Trim any dough that is hanging over the edges of the pan.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. If there has been any shrinkage in size, roll the dough to the edge of the pan again.
- Place in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until the crust is beginning to brown in spots. Leave the oven set to 425 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and place on a heat proof work area.
- Cover with favorite sauce, followed by mozzarella cheese, then topping of your choice.
- Place back in 425 degrees F oven, bake until cheese and toppings have reached your desired doneness.
- Carefully remove from the oven and cut into your desired shape.
Nutritional data is for crust only. Toppings must be calculated separately.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 293 mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.3 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Other Italian Inspired Dishes