Last Updated on
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls, an all-ages family favorite. Pepperoni and mozzarella cheese pinwheels topped with a garlic herb glaze. Perfect little pepperollies.
Make up a batch and keep them in the freezer for impromptu dinners and unexpected guests.
Pepperoni pizza rolls kind of remind us of Mazzio’s once a year holiday special, Pepperollies.
Except these will be made to perfection rather than hit or miss depending on the store, the time of day, the day of the week, etc.
Pepperoni pizza rolls start with our Versatile Yeast Dough recipe. You can use half of it or all of it, which is what I do.
I make a full batch and then make a double batch of Pepperoni Roll-ups or a single batch of Roll-Ups along with a batch of Sausage Rolls.
Once the dough is rolled out thinly, you need to cover the whole thing with a single layer of pepperoni, leaving about a half inch of dough naked on one long side.
That side will be the direction you are rolling towards.
The naked side of the dough will be used to pinch the roll together.
Try not to roll these up too tight.
That causes the middles to pop up during the rising time and when it starts baking. Pizza rolls need a bit of room to expand.
Even after all the rising times, that yeast still has some life left in it.
There is no tomato sauce in these pepperoni pizza rolls.
Pizza sauce is served on the side for dipping.
I also serve them with a side of melted garlic herb butter. Use the same recipe for dipping sauce that you use for making pizza rolls.
The recipe may look like it has way too much garlic herb butter, but it will be used twice in this recipe.
It is the second coating of garlic herb butter that gives these the nice coating of seasonings.
Most of the butter from the first use will run through Pepperoni Roll-ups flavoring the insides and the excess will bake into the bottoms.
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Prepare baking sheets by spraying with baking spray or covering in parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Melt butter.
- Using palms of hands, rub Italian seasonings and parsley between palms under finely crushed and add to melted butter along with garlic powder and set aside.
- Using half of the dough at a time, roll thinly into a roughly 12 X 18-inch rectangle.
- Cover with pepperoni slices, leaving a 1/2 inch bare spot on the long end furthest away.
- Sprinkle a very light layer of cheese over the pepperoni.
- Being rolling away from you, pulling gently back towards you as you roll to tighten up the log roll.
- Pinch the dough from the bare end into the outside dough of the log roll.
- Slice into 1/2 in slices and place on prepared baking sheets at least 1/2 inch apart.
- Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon of garlic butter onto tops of each roll and spread it around. You will not use all of the garlic butter now.
- Place pepperoni roll-ups into a pre-heated oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. Removed when outer pepperoni roll-ups beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven.
- While pepperoni-rolls are still hot, use a pastry brush and brush on additional garlic butter.
- Serve with marinara, garlic butter, or pizza sauce.
Other Pizza Recipes We Love:
DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW US ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS!