Dark Chocolate Cherry Bark is an easy, last-minute treat that is perfect for Valentine’s Day. It is also great for any other day you want to give a sweet something as a way to say thanks to someone.
I make a lot of different bark recipes because it is so easy. This is my go-to quick recipe for last-minute Christmas and holiday gifts. I love the cherry flavoring paired with dark chocolate. It’s like a chocolate-covered cherry without all the work.
If I don’t happen to have almond bark or melting wafers laying around, I generally have chocolate chips of many varieties in the pantry and those can also be used to make bark.
I can decorate the bark according to the season or holiday. Flavorings are another way to change the flavors of bark.
For this recipe, I use cherry flavoring, as I believe that chocolate and cherries scream Valentine’s Day.
Cherry flavoring is not a requirement for this recipe.
Make it whatever flavor you like!
Just start with ¼ of a teaspoon of a different flavor and add more if you think it needs it.
1/2 teaspoon may be way top much of some flavors and 1/2 teaspoon may be lackluster in other flavors.
1/2 teaspoon is just what works for me with the cherry.
Do not use extracts if you can help it, sometimes these will make the chocolate seize and that would be a waste of chocolate and no one likes a chocolate waster!
Choose any topping you like.
MORE HOMEMADE CANDY RECIPES YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake Bites
Dirty Buckeyes (Bacon covered Buckeyes)
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS AND NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
Dark Chocolate Cherry Bark
- Non-Stick Foil
- Offset Spatula
- 12 ounces dark chocolate melting wafers
- 20 ounces almond bark
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry candy flavoring I use Lorann Oil
- Spray non-stick aluminum foil, wax paper, or parchment paper with baking spray and set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate by heating over a simmering double-boiler or microwave. Use package direction for microwave directions for whatever chocolate you are using.
- Once melted, pour dark chocolate onto prepared paper and spread thinly.
- Allow chocolate to set and dry completely. It may curl slightly as it cools. It will be fine, it will level back out when next layer is added.
- Melt almond bark, white chocolate chops, or white melting wafers by heating over a simmering double-boiler or microwave. Use package direction for microwave directions for whatever chocolate you are using. One melted, add cherry flavoring and stir until well combined. Taste a small amount of chocolate and add more flavoring if desired.
- Pour melted white chocolate over dark chocolate layer by using small stream and moving over the chocolate, moving too slowly will cause the bottom layer to melt in small craters.
- Spread this layer out as evenly as possible.
- Before chocolate sets, sprinkle with chosen toppings.
- Allow to cool completely. Cut into desired shapes.
Leave a Reply