Pink Lemonade Margarita Ice Pops are simple to make with just a couple of ingredients and freezer time. Lemonade, Tequila, and Cointreau come together in these amazing individual-sized frozen cocktails and are perfect for summers and Taco Tuesdays! This one is literally frozen. No blender or cups required. Make them at least one day in advance.
We love making these for parties. It’s an easy way to serve several guests all at once without standing in front of a blender. Guests love them because it’s not an ordinary party drink.
Tequila – I prefer to use silver tequila. But, gold will work, so will your preferred mezcal. You can even substitute vodka if you’re not a tequila fan.
Cointreau – I usually have Cointreau in the party stash, but if you don’t, it’s OK. Just use some Triple Sec. Grand Marnier will also work, and if you just don’t have any of the options, use some orange juice. The alcohol percentage will just be a smidge less and the finished product maybe a little slushier. It will still taste amazing!
Lime Juice – use fresh lime juice for the best flavor. The stuff in the green squeeze bottles has an off-taste.
Pink Lemonade – I use a powdered lemonade mix to make mine because it’s super convenient, it tastes good and it has a strong enough flavor to mix with the booze. I can also adjust the amount of lemon flavor and sweetness without adding more liquid. If you happen to make a killer homemade one, go on and use it! Just remember the more you add to the drink mix, the lower the alcohol will be and the firmer your ice pops will be.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl with a pour spout.
- Fill freezer zip bags using a small funnel. The one biggest question folks have about all of our frozen drink recipes is how do you get in into the sleeves. Easy, we use Zipzicles that we order from Amazon in 100 packs.
- Make sure you freeze these standing in a cup until frozen. It will take about 24 hours in the coldest section of a home freezer for these to be fully frozen.
- Once ice pops are frozen, it is safe to lay them on their sides. I recommend a freezer baggie or container for all frozen alcoholic drinks. They have been known to leak a bit when laid on the side. It is just better to be safe than a cleaning sticky frozen mess!
Public Service Announcement
DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. Made as directed, these are as potent as a standard cocktail, use your very best judgment when consuming!
MORE FROZEN COCKTAILS
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS AND NEVER MISS A NEW POST
Frozen Spiked Pink Lemonade Margarita
- 3/4 cup Tequila
- 3/4 cup Cointreau
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cups pink lemonade
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour into popsicle sleeves.
- Place filled popsicle sleeves upright into glass or bowl and place in the freezer.
- Allow freezing overnight.
- Once frozen, they can be laid on their side.
- Cook time listed includes a 24 hour rest in freezer.
- Do not store laying down until frozen. Give ice pops 24 hours in upright position first.