Sweet Bacon Crackers are an easy and delicious bacon appetizer recipe! These caramelized bacon-wrapped crackers are the perfect combination of sweet, salty, portable, and addictive.
Who doesn’t love bacon? It adds so much delicious salty, savory flavor to anything it touches. These Sweet Bacon Crackers are no exception!
This simple appetizer is a family favorite! I make at least one batch of these every year for the holidays and they always go fast! All you need is bacon, crackers, and brown sugar! I use light brown sugar, but dark will work, too.
Need more bacon appetizer and snack ideas? Try my Bacon Jalapeño Popper Dip!
Tips to Make
I’ve been making this appetizer recipe for years and have finally perfected the magic. These tips and tricks for making Sweet Bacon Crackers will help you make it perfectly the first or 50th time!
Top tip: Use squared crackers.
Technically, these can be made with any type of cracker. However, I think square crackers are also easier to wrap in bacon than round ones. I prefer the buttery rectangles because I like the shape that this cracker becomes!
All crackers will shrink somewhat where the bacon is wrapped. A few may even look like bow tie crackers! That’s ok.
Pro-tip: Use thinly sliced bacon.
Thinner bacon will stay wrapped better during cooking.
The key to keeping your bacon-wrapped crackers together is to keep the heat high in the oven. If you cook these too slow, there is more time for the grease to absorb into the crackers and they will be soggy in the middle.
Bake until the bacon is your preferred level of crisp. I think this tastes best when the bacon is not too flabby but not overly crunchy.
I am not a fan of hard crispy bacon, so if your preference is crispy bacon yours may require more time in the oven than my recipe calls for. Give it another 3 to 5 minutes for crispier bacon.
And watch these closely, they can go from delicious to burned in a flash!
Keep the grease in the pan!
Make sure you use a baking pan with sides! If you don’t use one with sides, you might find the bottom of your oven smoking or even a few dancing flames down there. Just trust me!
Don’t be afraid to add a little extra protection.
Be sure to use a non-stick cooking surface, like non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper that has an extra layer of protection by using baking spray.
These may stick if allowed to sit for too long before removing from the baking sheet, even with extra levels of non-stick protection!
Trust me, I have lost many Sweet Bacon Crackers this way. The brown sugar and bacon fat will turn into hard caramel cement!
MORE BACON APPETIZER RECIPES
- Bacon and Mushroom Quesadillas
- Bisquick Sausage Balls
- Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Loaded Mashed Potato Bites
- Bacon-Wrapped Baby Potato Bites
- Homemade Egg Rolls
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE!
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS AND NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
Sweet Bacon Crackers
- 54 buttery crackers , like club crackers, about 1 ½ sleeves
- 16 ounces thinly sliced bacon , cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Take bacon out of the refrigerator and allow to soften slightly.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with sides by lining with non-stick foil or parchment paper. Spray foil or parchment with baking spray.
- Cut bacon slices into three pieces if using regular bacon, or cut slices in half if using center cut bacon.
- Wrap one bacon piece around one cracker. Repeat with all crackers.
- Lay on the baking sheet with seam side down. These can be placed close together, but not touching. Repeat with all crackers.
- Sprinkle the top of each wrapped cracker with brown sugar. Do not use too much or it will run off and create a hard caramel layer. Repeat with all crackers.
- Place into preheated oven and cook for 30 to 45 minutes. Longer may be required for crisper bacon.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Move to serving tray and enjoy!