Million Dollar Dip is the best 5-ingredient party food! This creamy dip from Neiman Marcus is loaded with crispy bacon and sliced green onions for an amazing savory appetizer.
Party planning is a lot of work, but I always start my menu with Million Dollar Dip! It’s creamy, easy, and the perfect make-ahead appetizer since it only gets better overnight.
It’s loaded with bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions, and it’s perfect with crackers. You can even turn the leftovers — if you have any — into a yummy sandwich spread like chicken salad.
Why Is It Called Million Dollar Dip?
This simple 5-ingredient appetizer is also known as Neiman Marcus Dip.
The original recipe dates back to 1957, in Neiman-Marcus’ restaurant director Helen Corbitt’s cookbook. This seasoned party host called it an Almond-Bacon-Cheese Spread, but now, most people enjoy it as a dip!
The dish was first served as a dip in the Zodiac Room, the department store’s unique upscale restaurant.
How the name changed, no one knows, but it really DOES taste like a million dollars.
What’s in Neiman Marcus Million Dollar Dip?
- Green onions
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits
- Cayenne pepper
That’s it! I bet you already have most of these ingredients in your kitchen today.
How to Make Million Dollar Dip
- First, mix everything together in a bowl.
- Then, cover and refrigerate the almond, bacon, and cheese dip for at least 2 hours. You can also make this the night before your party!
Just mix and let it sit — that’s it! I like to top it all with more green onions and bacon bits to serve it.
Any carb will work with Million Dollar Dip, from crackers and crusty crostini to tortilla chips and corn chips. Whatever fits your party vibe!
The Best Million Dollar Dip Tips
- Mayonnaise can be substituted with sour cream. It makes for a tangier dip, but it fits the flavors so well.
- This Million Dollar Dip recipe calls for 1/2 cup of bacon, but I just use the entire 3-ounce bag of bacon bits. No one has ever complained about extra bacon! If you want to use real bacon, you’ll need about 8 slices of cooked bacon chopped into small pieces.
- Garlic can be added to the mix, too! I think the green onions are perfectly balanced with the other ingredients, but you can always use fresh or dried minced garlic.
- If you want to add some heat, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper. You can also top it off with a sprinkle of paprika for a beautiful red coloring.
What to Serve with Neiman Marcus Dip
Making the perfect party food spread can be stressful. But there’s a few things you have to hit beyond Million Dollar Dip.
I love bacon and look for new ways to use it in party food recipes. These bacon wrapped water chestnuts are served with a tangy dipping sauce for the best hors d’oeuvres.
No tailgate party is complete without my cheesy sausage balls. No matter when the game starts, these are the perfect bite-sized snacks.
For something a little fancier, try these easy crab stuffed mushrooms! Mushroom caps stuffed with deviled crab and smothered in garlic butter — what’s not to love?!
Dips are easy appetizers and everyone loves them. This quick and easy hummus is so much better than store-bought and can go on anything from warm pita to chilled veggie sticks.
More Amazing Party Food Recipes
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS AND NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
Million Dollar Dip
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours for the best flavor.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, and/or corn chips.
- Mayonnaise can be substituted with sour cream.
- 1/2 cup of bacon bits is a little less than a 3-ounce bag and can be substituted with 8 slices of bacon that has been cooked, drained, and diced.
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic can be added.
- Cayenne pepper is optional. Start with a pinch and add more as desired for added heat.