Ranch Oyster Crackers are perfect for holiday gift-giving and snacking. Add them to your tomato soup for an extra special treat!
I love making this recipe during the holidays. It’s ready in about 45 minutes and everyone who eats them asks for more.
This one is spiced with ranch, extra dill, and lemon-pepper. We use lemon-pepper because it adds a little tang.
These are probably called crack crackers more than any other name in my house.
But, these are good anytime and I didn’t want to banish them to other people’s houses just during the holiday season.
These are super easy to make and definitely more frugal than anything loaded with chocolate or nuts.
Packed into small holiday bags, these spiced ranch oyster crackers make a great filler for a cookie tray that has a small space left and you are out of cookie cooking or candy making steam.
Larger containers of spiced crackers can work as a stand-alone hostess gift.
Feel free to omit the lemon-pepper in the recipe if you do not like it.
Add cayenne pepper or anything you think might go with the flavors.
As with all of our recipes, we encourage you to make it your own by changing things up a bit to match your flavor preferences.
If you are brand new to a novice cook and are not comfortable with changing things up, start with this recipe exactly.
They are how I usually make them and rarely do I hear any complaints.
There are some recipes out there that do not use the oven. You really don’t have to, but I think that those are a little too oily.
Baking the crackers in a low 250ºF oven bakes the flavors into the crackers rather than waiting for it to soak in. It also makes them a little more crispy and allows you to store them a bit longer before they go stale.
If you choose not to bake them, give it a bit of time to absorb the oil. It generally takes at least a day or two before they are ready to be bagged.
The baked version is ready to eat in under 45 minutes.
MORE SNACK RECIPES YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS AND NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
Spiced Ranch Oyster Crackers
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons dry Ranch dressing mix or 1-ounce packet
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper
- 9 ounce bag oyster cracker
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the oyster crackers.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix the crackers a few times while waiting for the oven to preheat.
- Once the oven is preheated, pour into a baking pan and spread into an even layer. Set the bowl aside without washing the bowl.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir, making sure to mix back in any oil or spices on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Pour crackers back into original mixing bowl and stir well to pick up any spices or oil left in the bowl.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once crackers are completely cooled, place into an airtight container.