Cream Cheese Dip is a savory low-carb appetizer filled with beef, green onions, and cheddar cheese. Kick Christmas off right or take it to your next tailgate!
This simple and delicious Cream Cheese Dip is one of my favorite dishes for game day! It’s an easy make-ahead appetizer with just 5 budget-friendly ingredients for a show-stopping dip!
It’s a toss-up between this and my bacon jalapeño popper dip for my favorite tailgate snack.
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled for larger parties. The only limit is the size of your mixing bowl!
- Cream cheese
- Thinly sliced beef
- Green onions
- Shredded cheddar cheese
You can also top this off with nuts, parsley, more cheese, breadcrumbs, or anything you love on a cheese ball!
Sometimes I use deli ham in place of the beef. You could also use turkey, chicken, or even bacon!
How to Make Cream Cheese Dip
- First, mix together the softened cream cheese and mayo until thoroughly combined. If you’re going to roll it into a cheese ball, use a touch less mayo to keep it firm. If you want a super creamy dip, add a little extra.
- When, add the thinly sliced beef, sliced green onions, and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until it’s all combined.
That’s it! Let this dip chill in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving, but I like to make it the night before the big game. The longer it chills, the more the flavors meld together for one tasty tailgate dip!
The consistency you have while making this will be the consistency you have when it has been at room temperature for an hour or so. Plan accordingly when adding mayonnaise while making.
No matter which way you choose to make this, spread, dip, or cheese ball, it will soften more the longer it sits out being served.
What is Good Dipped in Cream Cheese?
Serve this with crackers, small baguette slices, or even veggie dippers. I like it best with spent grain crackers, buttery crackers, and pita crackers.
Add some vegetables to the tray with this creamy beef and cheese spread, and it becomes keto and low-carb friendly!
How Long Does Cream Cheese Dip Last in the Fridge?
This homemade cream cheese dip is great because it makes a ton to feed your army for days!
It’s good for about 4 days in the fridge. Unfortunately, dairy-based dips don’t freeze well, so feel free to cut the recipe in half if needed.
If you’re tailgating in the heat, try to keep the dip over ice or have it chilled every few hours to keep it safe. Warm food breeds bacteria, and you don’t want to get sick from leftover cream cheese dip!
What to Serve with Cream Cheese Dip
I can’t tailgate without my Bisquick sausage balls. They’re the perfect bite to carry around while pacing before the Egg Bowl.
Popcorn is great in the stadium, but you can make caramel puff corn before the game for a sweet and salty snack!
I always like to have at least one vegetarian tailgate dish, and this quick and easy hummus recipe is a classic! It’s great with veggies or warm pita bread.
This slow cooker beef stew is perfect stick-to-your-ribs dish for a cold day of football. For the cool fall games, I always bring a Crockpot soup to ladle out to fellow fans.
MORE GAMEDAY SNACKS YOUR CREW WILL LOVE!
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHARE THIS RECIPE
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS AND NEVER MISS AN UPDATE
Cream Cheese Dip
- Serving bowl
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces thinly sliced beef diced in small pieces
- 2 green onions thinly sliced, including half of the green stems
- ½ to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- nuts, bacon, or other toppings optional
- Combine softened cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Add beef, green onions, and cheddar cheese, and mix well.
- Spoon dip into a serving bowl or form into a ball (see notes). Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to allow flavors to meld.