Last Updated on
Recipe for an easy addictive Party Cheese Spread filled with cream cheese, meat, green onions, and cheddar cheese and can easily be adapted into a cheese ball or any shape to match the holiday.
This is one of my favorite dishes for game day parties. We’ll be watching Mississippi State football on Saturdays HAIL STATE! If we aren’t watching State, then I can promise you we are watching LSU, Alabama, or any other SEC game.
Dallas Cowboys are on the TV on Sunday just because of Dak Prescott, not because I love the Cowboys. Who’s your favorite teams? Leave me a comment below!
Offer some vegetables on the side with this ham, cream cheese, green onion, cheddar cheese spread and it becomes keto and low-carb friendly.
This is similar to Million Dollar Cream Cheese Dip but with less mayonnaise and chipped beef or ham rather than bacon.
Chipped beef and ham are far more economical than bacon.
It can be shaped into a ball then rolled into nuts, parsley, or any topping you prefer.
It can also be made thinned out with extra mayonnaise to make it more of a dip.
As with most of my recipes, you can add and subtract ingredients to fit your tastes and needs.
Sometimes I use boiled or baked deli ham in place of the Buddig beef.
No matter which way you choose to make this, spread, dip, or cheese ball, it will soften more the longer it sits out being served.
The consistency you have while making this cheese dip, will be the consistency you have when it has been at room temperature for an hour or so. Plan accordingly when adding mayonnaise while making.
Serve this with crackers, small baguette slices, or even veggie dippers. I like it best with spent grain crackers, buttery crackers, and pita crackers.
This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled for larger parties. The only limit is the size of your mixing bowl.
MORE GAMEDAY SNACKS YOUR CREW WILL LOVE!
Party Cheese Spread
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2- ounce package thin sliced Beef like Buddig, diced in small pieces
- 2 Green onions thinly sliced including half of the green stems
- ½ to 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Nuts or other toppings optional
- Mix together cream cheese and mayonnaise until well blended. If forming into a shape, reduce mayonnaise to 2 teaspoons. Additional mayonnaise should be added now for a dip consistency, add 1 tablespoon of additional mayonnaise at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Put into a container or form* into a ball and refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with crackers.
- *To form into a ball, place mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and form it into the desired shape.